The Society of the Third Infantry Division was founded in 1919 as a non-profit fraternal, social, educational, patriotic military service organization and shall always remain non-partisan and non-political. The Society was incorporated in 1958.
Specific objectives are:
1. To foster and strengthen associations and friendships formed during service with the Third Infantry Division.
2. To honor the Third Infantry Division fallen Warriors.
3. To perpetuate the memory of former comrades who shared a background or honorable military service with the Third Infantry Division, U.S. Army.
4. To encourage and achieve the mutual benefits and support resulting from a close and cooperative alliance between the Society and the Third Infantry Division.
5. To support the government of the United States and to give it, in peace and in war, the same devotion and service expected of us as members of its armed forces.